- Bennett C.M. and Friel S. 'Impacts of climate change on inequities in child health', submitted 2014.
- Baker P. and Friel S, 2014. 'Processed foods and the nutrition transition: Evidence from Asia', Obesity Reviews, doi:10.1111/obr.12174.
- Barosh, L., Friel, S., Engelhardt, K. and Chan, L, 2014. ‘The cost of a healthy and sustainable diet – who can afford it?’, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, vol 38, pp. 7-12; doi: 10.111/1753-6405-12158.
- Friel, S., Gleeson, D., Thow, A.M., Labonte, R., Stuckler, D., Kay, A., and Snowdon, W., 2013. ‘A new generation of trade policy: potential risks to diet-related health from the trans pacific partnership agreement’, Globalization and Health, vol 9, no 46.
- Friel, S., Hattersley, L., Snowdon, W. et al, 2013. ‘Monitoring the impacts of trade agreements on food environments’, Obesity Reviews, vol 14, no S1, pp. 120-134
- Swinburn, B., Sacks, G., Vandevijevere, S. et al, 2013. ‘INFORMAS (International Network for Food and Obesity/non-communicable diseases Research, Monitoring and Action Support): overview and key principles’, Obesity Reviews, vol 14, no S1, pp. 1-12.
- Yiengprugsawan, V., Friel, S., Seubsman, S., Sleigh, A.C., the Thai Cohort Study team, 2013. ‘Inequalities in risks and outcomes in a health transitioning country: A review of a large national cohort of Thai adults’, SAGE Open, doi: 10.1177/2158244013505603.
- Friel, S., Labonte, R. and Sanders, D., 2013. ‘Measuring progress on diet-related NCDs: the need to address the causes of the causes’, The Lancet, vol 381, no 9870, pp. 903-904.
- Friel, S., Loring, B., Aungkasuvapala, N. et al, 2012. ‘Policy approaches to address the social and environmental determinants of health inequity in Asia Pacific’, Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health, vol 24, no 6, pp. 896-914.
- Bell, R., Friel, S. and Marmot M., 2012. ‘Taking social determinants of health seriously’, in Schrecker, T, (ed.), The Ashgate Research Companion to Globalization and Health, Ashgate Publishing.
- Yarnell, J., O’Reilly, D. and Friel S., 2013. ‘Social, cultural, and behavioural factors in disease’, in Yarnell, J, O’Reilly D (eds.), Epidemiology and Disease Prevention: a Global Approach, Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. 333-355.
- Ritter, A. and Bammer, G., 2010. 'Models of policy-making and their relevance for drug research.' Drug and Alcohol Review, vol 29, pp. 352-357.
- Friel, S., Harris, P. and Simpson, S., 2013. Health in All Policies Review. WHO Western Pacific Regional Office, June 2013.
- Friel S. et al. Public Health policy and governance to improve health equity – sharing Australian and Thailand expertise. Australia Thailand Institute, Canberra March 2013.
- Friel, S., Thow, A.M. and Plahe, J. Challenges to food sovereignty and the risks to human health: The Pacific Islands. Contribution to the Lancet Global Governance Commission Report 2013.
Books and book chapters
- Bammer, G., with Michaux, A. and A. Sanson (eds) 2010. Briding the 'know-do' gap: Knowledge brokering to improve child wellbeing. ANU E-press; http://epress.anu.edu.au/knowledge_citation.
- Bammer, G., Strazdins, L., McDonald, D., Berry, H., Ritter, A., Deane, P. and van Kerkhoff, L., 2010 'Expanding the deliberations about the research-policy gap: useful lessons from the literature' In Bammer, G., with Michaux, A. and A. Sanson (eds) Bridging the 'know-do' gap: Knowledge brokering to improve child wellbeing. ANU E-Press, pp. 135-155.
- Holmes, J., Bammer, G., Young, J., Saxl, M. and Stewart, B., 2010 ' The science-policy interface' In Ingram, J., Ericksen, P. and D. Liverman (eds) Food Security and Global Environmental Change. Earthscan, London, pp. 149-168.
- Friel S. Sustaining Health. C9-Go8 HDR Forum Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China 21-24th Oct 2013
- Friel S. A fair go? The physical and social determinants of health inequities. Public Health Association of Australia annual conference, Melbourne September 2013
- Friel S. Evidence for action on the social determinants of health. International Union for Health Promotion and Education 41st conference, Thailand, August 2013
- Flannery H, Sloan A. Canberra Close Up: Professor Sharon Friel[Radio broadcast]. Canberra: 666 ABC, 25 September 2013.
- Friel S. Income inequities and the relationship with health. ABC Big Ideas website: http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/bigideas/2013-07-22/4823112